Friday, August 7, 2009

Play ball!

My oldest son, Noah, is playing in a week long baseball tournament in Cooperstown, New York next week. I will have limited (if any) access to the Internet, so I may not talk with you next week.

I have been reading a book entitled, Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It won the Pulitzer Prize for non-fiction, but more than that, it is one of the more life-changing and thinking-challenging books I have read in MANY moons.

I highly encourage you to pick it up and begin. I would like to discuss it in the weeks ahead.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Sounds like the perfect book for me right now....I'm ordering it today!

thanks for the tip :)

Steve said...

When I read House by Kidder I was hooked. He reminds me of John McPhee, a non-fiction writer with a wide range of interests. Thank you for the heads up. I'm sure I'll read it after Maureen.

An I'm sure you will make sure Noah with enjoy his time at the cathedral of Baseball.

Steve baking in Central CA