Sunday, September 7, 2008

And the Weekend Word winner is...

Well, not being laconic in any way (I'll be careful not to call Todd), I could just go on and on about this week's entries. From VERY funny, to long-winded, to cheering for others' sentences (kate's mom and maureen may have discovered a kinship, too bad you're on opposite coasts), I smiled with every read (yes, franswa, you're right). It was so difficult to choose, that I finally broke down and consulted the O Great Wise and Impartial Steve to sit on the judges panel this week, and here's what he said:

"I would go with Stephen Porter for his sheer amusement factor, but it's not technically a sentence. Equally amusing was anonymous."

After sorting out which anonymous he was referring to, the winner is:

anonymous: "Is it ironic that "laconic" generates so many responses?" I have no doubt the rhyming helped.

Congratulations, O Great Anonymous Winner of the 15th Weekend Word Contest (someone told me today that I have miscounted and it was really 16th). May you go on to anonymously wordsmith in bigger and better places - or at least in next week's contest. Acceptance speeches are now the norm. We'll look forward to yours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Wendy and Steve. I have to go anonymous because I don't win when I reveal my true identity.

Wendy Melchior said...

oooo, both mysterious and suggesting a bias. Gotta love the drama.

It was a great sentence. Congrats.

Maureen said...

Thanks for the 'vote' Kates Mom!

see....I can be laconic when I want to :)