Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekend Word 15

FIFTEEN Weekend Words. Unbelievable. This blogging business is love/hate.

If you are new to the Weekend Word Contest, click here to discover the original lunacy behind it. As a matter of fact, I may click just to remind myself why I keep doing this.

Eat some salmon, write with the opposite hand, go back to school and click on the word below. Use it in a fabulous sentence and put that sentence in the comments section below. A winner will be announced at 10:00 p.m. est on Sunday evening (on time this week, I hope).

That's it.

13 comments:

Kristopher Dean said...

Laconic.

Unknown said...

Wendy has accused me of being laconic over the time that we've known each other, but I just tell her that I'm evening out the conversation.

Anonymous said...

Some Sundays I find myself wishing for a more laconic sermon -- then I feel bad.

Anonymous said...

Commenting on blog posts publically can be intimidating - there's so much pressure to be smart and funny AND laconic.

Anonymous said...

I am the laconic winner.

Maureen said...

It can be said with some certainty that I am married to a man of many positive attributes not the least of which is his laconic nature; but alas I fear his reticence may be less a natural inclination than the inevitable result of his more verbose spouse's tendency to drone on and on and on......

Wendy Melchior said...

Jared is once again completely disqualified. Criticizing the judge (even in good fun) is an ill-advised strategy.

Anonymous said...

The best man's laconic speech drew speculation as to the depth of his relationship with the groom.

Anonymous said...

Is it ironic than "laconic" generates so many responses?

Anonymous said...

Kim was hoping that on her first day of graduate school her professors would be laconic in their presentations...yeah right!

Anonymous said...

Maureen, ditto! and this is the first time I've ever been laconic. I hope Maureen wins!

Unknown said...

The Holy Spirit has given me a selective, fairly accurate but terribly laconic sense of discernement - one that some actually trust at times... right Wen?

Todd said...

If you leave me anything but a laconic voicemail, I can't guarantee I'll have the patience to listen to the whole message.