Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weekend Word

A month or so ago, my Dad (who is a psychologist) went to a conference in Washington D.C. about brain functioning into old age. He came home and told his family that we should all be doing a couple of things to keep our minds sharp. Besides taking fish oil supplements, the neurologist stressed the importance of continuing to challenge our brains. SOOO, that combined with my love for words gave me the idea to introduce a new word every Saturday.

Here's the deal. I will post a word every Saturday. Click on it to discover its meaning. Then try one of two things: use it in the course of your conversations this weekend - try it just one time! - OR use it in a sentence and post your new sentence in the comments section.

On Sunday nights at 10pm est, I will choose what I think is the best, funniest, most creative sentence and declare a winner. Don't feel bad if no one participates, I am more than happy to declare myself the winner each week. We can all use a little encouragement before Monday morning comes, can't we?

Our first word is...

miasma

Alright, click on it, and stretch those brains. You'll thank me when you're 96.

7 comments:

militia207 said...

well this is going to help me improve my Scrabble game : - )

militia207

Anonymous said...

Miasma: "This time of year, miasma really bothers me".

Anonymous said...

Celeste Carpenter says:

"The political miasma lately seems somewhat disturbing, and oh, how the minds of the children need to be sharpened in the meaning of bold yet integral leadership."

Anonymous said...

"Miasma" was very sore after sitting on the bench the entire game.

Meredith Rachel Munro said...

this is glorious.

forget 96, i'm thanking you now!

Unknown said...

As a youth pastor, I'm not a fan of overnighters because of the miasma that is present wherever teenagers take up refuge.

Anonymous said...

The rotting carcass along the walking trail emanated miasma that was a deterrent to my exercise regimen.