Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend Word 3

Isn't this weekly contest going swimmingly? Four entries for week one, six for week two - I have a lot of cash on at least EIGHT big ones this week. Just call me a cock-eyed optimist.

Don't know the rules? Go fishing, prevent senility and click on the word below. Put the word into a sentence, type it into the Comments section, and pray, pray, pray that your superior writing skills are chosen as the best. Winner is posted at 10pm est on Sunday and gets the title of Miss/Mr. Weekend Word Winner (no, there is no crown) until I post another crazy hard word next week.

Here we go, click below:

Looking forward to your creativity. I thought this would be a good word as summer approaches.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The embonpoint of the belly flop contestants meant that the guests at the pool party were in for a good soaking.

Anonymous said...

Their embonpoint appearance was the first thing you noticed about the room full of models.

Anonymous said...

When I saw that Wendy chose embonpoint as her weekend word, I thought she was interested in sewing; little did I know that it was actually a karmic coincidence that she would describe me the same day I found her on the net.

militia207 said...

When choosing a turkey for a birthday or Thanksgiving dinner, the thing to look at is the embonpoint of the breast.

PS...Comment 04 your half way there with your cock-eyed optimism Ms. Melchior : - )

militia207

Anonymous said...

I decided to call myself embonpoint and forego the diet for yet another day!

panting_deer said...

When Mighty Marie (as she was aptly nicknamed) finished the annual Toulon pastry-eating contest that afternoon, she stood up from her chair—her mouth overflowing and her eyes bulging with delight—and yelled "Apple pie, apple pie!" which, to my amusement at that moment, sounded curiously much more like "Embonpoint, embonpoint!"

Susan Isaacs said...

Alec Baldwin, formerly known as "The Bloviator" for his foul tirades and fifty extra pounds, has recast himself as the embonpoint executive on 30 Rock; though it will be up to Tina Fey to promote him as such.

Wendy Melchior said...

If you have never met me just know that embonpoint of my blog picture doesn't do me justice. I am much thinner than Barbie.