Friday, May 30, 2008

Rearview May 2008

At the end of each month I will take a quick look back, update you on any outstanding situations, and most likely apologize for the crazy stuff I wrote.

May 2008:

I purchased a Christian fish magnet for the back of my car. Instead of legs, mine is sprouting horns. If you like C.S. Lewis, try something by N.T. Wright.

J.J. has had to go to Grandpa’s house multiple times to retrieve more frogs. Just when we think we’ve got them all, my parents discover another. J.J. thinks he put about 30 tadpoles in the pond last summer, so my parents may find themselves in the middle of an Egyptian plague before it’s all over. Speaking of plagues, the junta in Myanmar is being fickle about allowing relief workers into the country even as the threat of starvation for thousands of orphaned children increases.

My friend Diana has a full head of hair and a bone marrow biopsy on June 2 to confirm her remission. We will celebrate with a Fiesta Salad after the appointment. Noah is vertical once again. We had to resort to a brief hospitalization and another antibiotic, but he is back to teasing his sister, rolling his eyes, and being generally wonderful. Interestingly, he is still fretting about science grades in his sleep. I am bracing myself for the coming report card.

No, I never tried to milk a gerbil. Good question, though.

At the rate I’m going, a career in telemarketing is looking more and more probable. The publishing industry moves at a glacial pace which works both for me and against me. In the meantime, all donations of toilet paper, canned goods and gasoline being accepted.

Yes, you will often see references to Shakespeare on my blog. I’ve had a shameless crush on him for years. Please don’t tell Steve.

I'm still trying to write love on arms, legs, minds, hearts and the occasional building (when I remember to put a can of spray paint in the trunk). Luckily, my mother has decided to go ahead and keep me, in spite of my potty mouth. She did threaten me with a bar of soap, however. Remind me to tell you the vacuum cleaner story on a day that her computer is on the fritz. Oh, it’s a good one.

My dear friend Rick is still waiting for the world to change. In the meantime, he cares for his son and remains my very favorite sissy.

The recurring theme of my outraged astonishment and finger pointing at the idiocy of real live people, including football coaches and Memorial Day picnickers, has got to stop. From now on, instead of getting distressed, I will simply yell out, “Bite my weltanschauung!” and be done with it.

Going to church this week, but taking my baseball mitt with me, just in case I’m surprised by a foul ball hit into the pews.

I’ve been a blogger for one month. If you’ve been a loyal reader (or a disloyal one) I say, “THANK YOU!” Your honest and dishonest feedback is always welcome. Please keep sending invitations to my blog to your friends. And, no, I will not be offended if you feel the need to include some sort of disclaimer.

Love God. Love each other. Go Phillies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a clever idea... the month review. nice.