Sunday, August 31, 2008

And the Weekend Word winner is...

I have NEVER been late posting the Weekend Word winner - but I guess there is a first for everything. I may have made you wait, but congratulations to:

Anonymous: "When an aggressive driver finds himself getting a ticket, it is hard for the others on the road to avoid schadenfreude."

Yeah, it's pretty sweet when that guy in the sports car that flew by you far too closely while going 110 miles per hour is seen with a state trooper sitting behind him as you now speed by. Schadenfreude, sweet, schadenfreude.

See you next week. Thanks to all the entrants. Anonymous: you are free to post an acceptance speech - or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought that I could be clever enough to win the weekend word contest! I posted anonymously because I was not confident enough to give away my identity. Rest assured I am updating my resume as we speak to include this nice honor! Happy Labor Day!

Wendy Melchior said...

Well, way to go, anon. I'll look forward to learning your name.