Thursday, March 12, 2009

I know it's still Lent

If you cannot tolerate the usual corny “Spring reminds me of new life” post, I would skip reading today, because my crocuses are up.

Every year, I wait with baited breath and study the dirt just out my front door. As soon as the leaves begin to poke through, I begin to be filled with anticipation. Warmer days are on their way.

The bulbs have a huge responsibility, really. I forget about them through most of the winter, but if they refused to show up in March, I would know it. So, under the snow they endure the cold and somehow wake up right on time.

Make your own analogy here ________________________________.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love spring, the new colors which are actually previous year's colors just renewed, the smell of spring, the chance of still a freak snowstorm (less so here in NC), warm days where 70 feels like 90,

and then I dislike spring - the trees bring serious pollen and ruins my sinuses so badly that I am debilitated sometimes for days on end in pain.

But I dont think about the pain part so much, until it hits me. I anticipate the pretty, the new, the spring. and i layer up in over the counter allergy medicine as it approaches!