Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Move over, Hannah Montana

My daughter Mia has started to write songs. She has a little journal that she carries with her and when an idea strikes her, she writes it right down. Mia is eight-years old, but I am often intrigued with her lyrics. Here is one from this week:

Hi.
I am weak.
I am what I discover
and I'm not using it.
I am.
What I am saying is that
I did not know what to do with me.
So, I discovered I am useful
and I knew what to do and
I am happy today.

Now, this may be complete nepotism, but what an interesting idea, huh?

Restless in your skin? Perhaps you need to let God show you what you were made to do.

5 comments:

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

My goodness, you may just have a prodigy here....such wisdom in such a young heart...wow.

...teach me to know what I knew then...

Mike said...

Wow... thats quite amazing words from such a young heart. Shes got something going on there.

militia207 said...

just a little tid bit of music info....no need for Hannah Montana to move over because Hannah Montana / Miley Circus never wrote a song in her life. Now Springsteen ??? Wellll let's just say Mia's young and Bruce has a few years on her but she can catch up : - )

militia207

Anonymous said...

Like mother - like daughter. Amazing.