Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekend Word 6

I will not be deterred by the seeming failure of the Weekend Word Contest (yes, that was a shameless guilt trip designed to pull upon your heart strings and compel you to participate).

RULES: Grab your scuba gear and dive for barracuda. Click on the yellow word below, discover it's meaning, look at yourself in the mirror and say it aloud several times, feeling it on your tongue. Once you have mastered both the word and the facial expression it demands, use it in a sentence and put that sentence in the Comments section.

The winner will be declared on Sunday, June 15, at 10:00 p.m. est. Would a cash prize get you to play? No, then I'd win every week.

I will shed many tears of joy if you win.

11 comments:

Steve said...

The moment was long in coming, some would say it was melancholy, but the lachrymose feeling brought on by the kindergarten promotion ceremony could not be denied.

Todd said...

Just the thought of participating again in the weekend work contest has a lachrymose effect on me, knowing my predestined fate at the hand of an unjust blogger.

Anonymous said...

Because of her sensitivity to everything, Regina is the most lachrymose person I know. (Wendy - you know that is true! Good word for me.)

militia207 said...

whenever i am in anxious mode a lachrymose mood always comes with it until i eventually deal with it all.

militia207

Unknown said...

Wendy=lachrymose. (Said in love!)

Unknown said...

I am in a profound state of lachrymose that I have not participated before this. Tears are streaming down my face as I write this!

Anonymous said...

As he sprinted 60 feet to steal third base and only made it 50 feet and 9 inches before his slide ended and he was tug out, I knew what was forthcoming from my lachrymose son .

Anonymous said...

This is the best Weekend Word Contest ever!

Anonymous said...

I am sure I am not the only one in this country who is in a state of lachrymose upon hearing of the recent death of NBC journalist, Tim Russert. May he rest in peace. Wendy, you could not have chosen a more fitting word on this day.

Anonymous said...

I was never a lachrymose person until I became a Mother.

I don't mean to be anonymous, I'm Kris Fitz - I just can't get signed up for an account because my pc is soooo sloowww tonight! It puts me in a lachrymose mood actually!

Anonymous said...

I would be lachrymose if so many faithful readers had not responded this weekend; and I don't think I can be lachrymose for joy! (do I get extra credit for using it twice, I'm very competetive you know)!