Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekend Word 8

Our final word for June. I struggled with the word this week, wanting one that would be a challenge, yet fun. I picked one that I just learned myself.

RULES: None. You may want to click the word below and use it in a sentence then post it in the comments section - but these are not rules - just guidelines for participation. Be forewarned, there are no rules for judging either. Even my husband is getting frustrated with my choices (he often posts as Anonymous) but he should have known he was embracing a world that makes little sense when he married me.

Best of ruleless luck. Winner posted on Sunday at 10 p.m. est.

7 comments:

militia207 said...

There is Hollywood where people of talent live in the life of luxury and then there if Cockaigne where the dillusional likes of ohhh let's say David Hassellof reside.

militia207

Unknown said...

In two weeks I will be just starting a mission trip to Mississippi with 65 students and leaders, the sky is the limit on how many cockaigne daydreams I will have.

Todd said...

What the cockaigne! IM acronym: wtc. Use is similar to wtf only with more positive connotations. Most common use is when one suddenly encounters a fabled land of luxury and idleness.

Steve said...

Of late the 100+ degrees of Exeter have me think of the cool breeze of Cancun, but the reality is the Cockaigne of my inflatable swimming pool under a dying tree is all I will get.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm giving my children the impression that life in the summer is like that of Cockaigne, but really isn't that what a childhood summer should be!?

- Mrs. Fitz

Anonymous said...

In the recent Disney movie, WALL*E, the space ship Axiom provides a cockaigne existance with less than "idle-ic" results.

Anonymous said...

Is it our nature, or are we doing something wrong, that creates a desire in us to live in a cockaigne?