Sunday, November 2, 2008

And the winner is...

Well, I must be honest. When I chose the Weekend Word, I was thinking Halloween, but we seem to have other things on our minds. That's okay with me. I love to be wrong.

The winner is:

steve: "This election season has transmogrified me into a brusque, complaining, irritable, angry, whining, opinionated, negative, humorless shell of my former self; I must be an American."

Yeah, I get it man. You win for your wit and for being my baseball soulmate. Acceptance speech, please. Preferably one that promotes your personal agenda. We'll love it.

Thanks for playing.

1 comment:

Steve said...

This weekend has been a roller coaster ride of emotional thoughts. I am sad the MLB baseball season is over. I am sad someone I know didn't win the World Series. But I am happy the Phillies did. And to hear Jamie Moyer, from Western PA, say he was at the 1980 World Series parade and he, with his grown children, looked forward to being in this parade. That is a good thing.

I am not sad about the election and that we have a vote and a chance to voice our opinion. I am sad in how we as Americans choose to voice that opinion. When has Saturday Night Live become the voice of reason? Their coverage of the candidates has been truly funny and fair. The rest of America has been mean. And I mean, mean. That saddens me. We do have to live with each other after the election. We do have some serious problems to get through. Will we Americans be able to do that? Because the rest of the world is watching us just like a child watches their parents.

But do you know what we say in baseball? Tomorrow is another day and another at bat. I will transmogrify myself into a placid English teacher and stupefy my students for yet another day.