Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekend Word

I believe this will be the last Weekend Word. Interest is waning, and so I will follow the advice of Jerry Seinfeld and say, "I refuse to run." I would hate to be like one of those athletes that should retire years before they do and end up being pitied by the whole world. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but you get the idea.
Grab a Kleenex (for the tears you are bound to shed), remember the good times (have you ever won the Weekend Word?), and realize that it was never really fair. Click on the word below and let it marinate in your mind. When you have invented a satisfying sentence using said word, put it in the comments section below. A winner will be announced at 10:00 pm est Sunday night.
Ten or more entries may keep the Weekend Word alive (on a ventilator) but not the anonymous kind. I may be unfair, but I'm not stupid.

5 comments:

Jared said...

Don't you just love the way pastors use circumlocution to draw out their sermons on Sunday? Ne neither!

Stephen Porter said...

Our friend, Dr. Spaulding, accused me of circumlocution once. Not sure if it was true or if he was just in shock that I spoke in class and forgot to listen to anything I said. Nah, it was probably true... or may be it wasn't... or it might have been but no one will ever know for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wendy is using circumlocution to tell us that she doesn't want to work weekends anymore.

Todd said...

Wendy is using circumlocution to tell us that the rest of us should work weekends. Have you noticed that her posts switched from Saturdays to Fridays?

Todd said...

I’m going to miss the weekend word and I’m sure my brain function will suffer, but at least we no longer have to use roundabout expressions, er weekend words, er circumlocutions.