Sunday, July 13, 2008

And the Weekend Word winner is...

Well, OVERWHELMING participation this week, but without a doubt, the winner is:

Kristopher Dean: "N'ere has there been such an entertaining and diverting deipnosophist as the ornate Oscar Wilde."

Although I was slightly unsure about the use of "ornate" and the spelling of "N'ere" in this instance, I'll bet he's quite the deipnosophist. Well done! Love my Oscar Wilde.

Feel free to post a teary acceptance speech in the comments section. Or not.

1 comment:

Kristopher Dean said...

I told my new friends at orientation that I won the weekend word. They congratulated me.

"N'ere," the apostrophe takes the place of the letters "ev" and I think the extra "e" on the end is like the "o" in favour and armour, for ornament's sake.

As for "ornate," from my not-so-extensive research into Oscar Wilde, he was known to wear the most gregarious of fashions, some of which were undoubtedly "ornate."

Ill be back next week.