Thursday, July 31, 2008

The never-ending camp

If you have been a faithful blog reader since I began, you know that I always do a rearview post the last day of each month. It is a lame attempt to remember what happened over the course of 30 days.

RIGHT NOW, however, I have no creativity left and cannot think of anything but FRIDAY. Why not? Here are today’s horrorific highlights:

1. Took the kids to the lake. There was an incident involving a child (not one of ours) and soon we had an ambulance and fire truck and state police helicopter on the scene. Yep.

2. I think Noah has a camp girlfriend.

3. Breakfast was a biscuit with sausage gravy and dinner was country fried steak with the same gravy. If you can fry it, we are eating it.

4. After finally convincing the girls they needed to bathe, all the showers stopped while we were attempting to complete the task. Yes, all the toilets are now stopped up too.

5. We decided to switch some beds around so I could be closer to the floor because some of the girls need to go to the bathroom during the night and I was having to climb up and down multiple times. I was glad to be out of the cramped upper bunk, until THE ENTIRE bed frame broke and I was on the bottom. No kidding.

The one thing I am pleased about is that I ran into an old friend here named Melissa. She and I were in each other’s weddings, but miles and families have made it hard to stay close. We have had long talks and remembered funny things and just hung out.

I guess I kind of have a camp girlfriend too.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

LOL!!! Brings back all kinds of camp memories...glad it's you and not me :)

Anonymous said...

...and you thought last week was tough! I am feeling almost guilty sleeping in my spider-less bed. If anyone can make it through this week (and trust me, I would have been home by now!), it is you. Keep your sense of humor! :)

militia207 said...

Noah has a camp girlfriend woo hooo !!!!

militia207

Kristopher Dean said...

go head noah