Friday, October 17, 2008

Weekend Word

Well, I sort of ran into an old friend - in a cyber sort of way - and it has made me smile. So, I thought the Weekend Word should reflect the joy that friends can bring. If you are new to the Weekend Word, click here to uncover the original insanity and give it a try.
In the meantime, grill some perch, put all the words into a crossword puzzle backwards and wear yellow to bed. Click on the word below, listen to its pronounciation, practice it on the dog, and then use it in an witty and engaging sentence. Post said sentence in the comments sections below and pray, pray, pray that you're the winner. The official Weekend Word Committee (me) will post a winner at 10:00 pm e.s.t. on Sunday evening.

And I'm not playin'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The badinage of youth is something to be treasured - if only I could remember it into old age!

Anonymous said...

Why do senior citizen couples in diners read their newspapers and eat in silence? What happen to the badinage between them?

Anonymous said...

It is the badinage between my children that lightens my spirit and makes my heart sing.

Steve said...

Wow! What a win for the Phillies. The dugout badinage was at it's greatest after the ninth and the trip to the World Series complete.

Anonymous said...

I think this blog could stand a little more badinage among its readers. Can we pick it up a notch?

Anonymous said...

During their ride home Tuesday night, Paul handed Jack a picture of his newborn son; "Doesn't he look just like me?" Paul asked, "I guess," Jack replied, "But I suppose eight hours in the birth canal would do that to anyone . . . don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn out just fine" - this type of badinage and easy bonhomie had characterized their relationship since college.